Friday, June 15, 2012

May/June Independence

Question.  Are my boys really THAT cute?  I'm their mother so by nature I'm supposed to think they're irresistible.  I know we all do the the obligatory "oh hey it's a baby I should smile and comment on how cute they are" but people I don't know touching and trying to take pictures of my kids?  For instance, one day at Target I had two people stroke the top of my little towheaded boys head - granted they were both grannies so I cut them some slack, but then a guy took out his camera phone and tried to take a picture of Zane (his wife stopped him)...I don't know if I should be flattered or mace 'em.

Monthly Highlights

Kaz - What's new with Kaz this month?

With Teacher aka Wrangler
Preschool (June 12):  Yes, he started the summer program at his preschool.  Since he's got a major case of the OCS (Only Child Syndrome) we wanted to get him "socialized" before the real school year began.  How did he do?  Well he cried comin' and goin'.  Of course he had a little freak out when I said I was leaving him there but the teachers and I did a good job enticing him with shiny trucks. 

But that freak out didn't compare with when I came to take him home!  He didn't want to leave.  He saw the other kids eating lunch and he started crying, "I want a snack!"  When that didn't work he held on to a huge bear that the teachers very kindly said he could take home.  Alas Momma wasn't as kind and made him leave Bobo the Bear there - yes we named him.  Maybe the bump on his head made him a little wonky. Of COURSE Agadore fell and hit his head on the first day. I would have been surprised if he hadn't. My poor much too limber wiggly boy. 

How did Momma do?  IT WAS AWFUL - JK!  I had to do fine.  We both couldn't freak out.  Besides I know this is good for him (and me) and the fact he didn't want to leave is proof of that. 

What did we learn in "school"?  How to LIE!  June 13 - Kaz told his first lie.  I know it's not the schools fault, but isn't it just easier to blame it on someone else?  Kaz the Destroyer broke a toy and when I surprised him by walking in the room while he was in the middle of doing it he quickly turned around and exclaimed, "Zane did it."  Once the shock wore off I gave him the "mom" look at said, "Zane broke it?  Who broke it?"  He smirked (as if to say "oh snap, she caught me but at least it was worth a try") and said, "Kaz did it."  I wanted to launch into a tirade about telling the truth but he's 3 so I simply thanked him for telling me the truth.    

Kaz's Quirks - I love reporting on Kaz's latest obsessions and personality quirks...they're so RANDOM.
  • Peanut butter:  Try as I might to serve him a cornucopia of foods for lunch, all the boy wants is peanut butter.  Sometimes in a sandwich.  Sometimes just on a spoon.  I swear if you cut him he would bleed peanut butter.  At least he's getting his protein right?
  • Hankies:  It started when we got the sniffles.  I being an eco conscious person used a cloth diaper to wipe his boogies away instead of a million tissues and now he requires a hankie to wipe away his tears too.  Which if you read my previous post, is quite often; he being the ever emotional toddler.  So I bought him a set of his very own hankies, just like his dear ol' Dzia Dzia.  Don't get me wrong, a snot filled hankie is gross but oh so necessary at this point.
  • Milk: It does the body good and Kaz is great at drinking it...when he doesn't like what he's eating. He's very crafty and knows, "when all else fails, fill up on milk". 
  • Napping Shenanigans:  I've read that some toddlers drop their nap at the age of 3.  As much as I don't want to believe that, apparently Kaz has been reading the same articles and has decided to try out some new methods of nap time shenanigans to try my nerves.  NOOOOOOOOO, I don't want him to stop napping, ARGH.  If he can throw a fit, SO, CAN, I!
 Zane - What's new with Zane this month?

8 Months Old
Our hungry little hippo (a visual of what it's like to feed our little man baby) is still quite the mellow little dude.  I warn you though, don't get too close because the kid will eat your face.  At first he lulls you into a false sense of security by sweetly touching your face.  He locks eyes with you.  You lean in to kiss his oh so plump cheek and then he goes in for the full grunting mouth assault.  You've been warned!  Don't let this happen to you.  On second thought, do, it's awesome.


 Milestones
  • Finger food progress:  Hey I finally got a Cheerio in my mouth.
  • On the move - I'm not "crawling" in the traditional sense of the word, it's more like slothing but on the move none the less.  I've also discovered the steps, and I do like to experiment with them and watch my mother at the ready to jump in and save me - it's HI-larius.
  • I'm testing out this thing called a "sippy cup" and it's cool but I'm not as impressed with it as I am with my bottle.
  • Me and my bottle have finally gained independence from the arms of my parents.  That's right folks I'm holding my own bottle.  We are so happy for Zane and his new found independence and yes we've gained a little ourselves but I can't help but be a little sad.  Aaron and I were just talking about how our cuddling window with Zane was open for only a short time.  He got big so fast; he never fussed when going to sleep; for whatever reason the cuddling seem to stop before it ever really began.  I guess we'll just have to be satisfied with him eating our face.  
Momma

What did I learn this month?  I learned (yet again) that I am not alone and I am not a freak.  Get ready cause here comes Debbie Downer, but if I had never said it out loud I would have never known.  For 3 years I've walked around thinking something was wrong with me.  Why in the world am I so afraid of something happening to me when I'm home alone with just me and the boys?  Lying on the ground unconscious for hours, my boys crying, confused, starving...  Why in the world would such a horrible thought go through my head?  Why, because I'm a mother.  No one told me it came with the software upgrade for my new hardware.  I cried such a sigh of releif when I discovered I was not alone.  Hey look at me, I'm "normal" (no comments from the peanut gallery).  So please take note my dear children should you ever read this in the future.  Your Momma could not help herself, she was high on Motherhood.  

Photos For Fun

Click the Smilebox below to check out some of the photos from this month.  The Smilebox will open in a separate window.  Tip: Click on the photos to enlarge them.

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment