Friday, August 17, 2012

July/August - Developmental Fast Track

The 411 on our little 1's this month.

Kaz

Firsts
 
I'm totally not afraid.
First Camping Trip - 8/6:  Kaz and his dear ol' Dad took their first camping trip.  Yes he took my baby away from me...for a WHOLE night...into the wilderness!  Man this took A LOT of trust considering the Harley incident of 2008 - another story for another time.

In preparation for the big day there was a trial run in the backyard complete with Kaz's 1st smore.  How did it go?  Let's just say, it was a LONG night but Daddy was persistent and it payed off at the campsite. 

My babayyyyyy - dont GOOOO!
 He had a great time and slept
 like a baby out in the creepy wild
 animal ridden darkness of Big
 Bear Lake. Dramatic much? Yes.
 Yes I am. 





Or is my drama warranted?  Can anyone find Kaz in this pic?  Anyone see a problem here?  If you don't, please tell me so I don't ask you to babysit.





Preschool 8/14: Our little man officially started preschool.  He was a little apprehensive at first (new room, new kids - different from the summer program) but the lure of shiny new toys and fun activities set up all around the room worked like a mirror to a mockingbird.  How did I do?  Um, I was fine.  No no, it's allergies!  Totally ridiculous that I got misty.  These momma hormones are not for the WEAK.

Looking towards his future.
Already w/the "Geez Mom" face!














  
Things That Make You Go "Awww!"

Get ready to say "awwWW!" While in the kitchen I overheard Kaz say the most sweetest thing to his brother in the playroom. "I love you Zane." I turned my head and Kaz was laying down next to him. Both of them on their bellies. Kaz with his arm around him, he leaned in and kissed his cheek. It literally stopped me in my tracks and I felt my heart swell - Best. Day. Ever.

Men, this "awww's" for you.  My dear husband has been waiting for this day.  He has dreamt of it and talked about it with the glee and the hope of Christmas, the Easter bunny, and a bag full of Halloween candy all rolled into one.  August 16, 2012 will go down in the history books as the first day Kaz brought his daddy an ice cold brewski from the fridge.  I know, it warms the cockles of your heart and brings a tear to your eye doesn't it?

Zane

Firsts

So this is what it's like to have a kid who's development is textbook perfect. So weird! It's all happening so fast and I can't help but get emotional about how this time around I'm not sitting here agonizing, wondering, faking the funk by saying things like, "every child develops differently...he's really 2 months younger than his birth age...it's hard to get all those pounds moving." OMGosh the weight of it, I feel so free and joyful that I want to cry...and I have! Good tears really wash away a lot of the pain. Ok enough of that. So tell us about these milestones.

Beets & Raspberries
= a Bath
No more baby food! Full time finger foods and self feeding abound. I think Zane was motivated by his cousin during our trip to WI (or I was) but ever since our return I put the baby bullet away and Zane put his skills to work. It's so fun to watch him discover food and sometimes choke on it. Okay that's not so fun but it is part of the process. 

Pulling himself up to stand - July 21: He's still army crawling but yup he's pulling himself up on EVERYTHING and he's even cruising. I swear I think this kid is gonna walk before he's 1. Oh speaking of standing, Kaz discovered a new game. Standing ON his brother or as he likes to call it "balancing." Aiy.

Step 1: Plank
Step 2: Scale Small Object
Step 3: Pull Myself Up
On Everything
(10 Months Old)


Step 4: Scale Walls














Sitting - July 23: It's funny.  He learned to pull himself up to stand before he learned to put himself in the seated position.  That Zane and his zaney ways.

Things That Make You Go Hmmm?

Is it possible that my sweet little baby knows how to manipulate me?  Sure seems like it with his new game of "toss the bink".

Let my Facebook status and responses to people offering support paint the picture.

OMGosh THE BINK HAS TO GO!!!
Then you come over here @ 4 am and play a rousing game of get my bink that I purposely dropped on the floor so I have something to complain about - over and over and over again! It's a definitely a 2 cupper today.
Oh so you agree, he is calculated.
Oh let me clarify. It's not that he can't find his bink. He's a champ at doing that. It's that he takes his binks (multiples that are sprinkled in the crib) and tosses them out of the crib - cries for them - then LAUGHS when I go in to help him. Christy, I've heard of this binkie fairy but alas he's only 9 months old so her bag of tricks aint gonna work on him. I suppose I should get one of those mesh bumpers so he can't "playfully/calculatingly" toss them out of his crib. Why does he love me so much?! Sorry, I'm a woman on very little sleep. Thank you Carol - see that's what I'm talking about - love and support people! Did I mention I'm a woman on very little sleep? Zzzz, huh, what?
I was a woman on the edge a couple of weeks ago and now that I read my posts/responses on FB I have to laugh at myself. What an exhausted loon I am, I mean was.  He broke me down! Ah the power he has, the force is strong with this one but I will not go lightly, this means war! Ok, maybe I need dial back on the coffee these days.

That's it for now.  Till next month.

2 comments:

  1. OMG...I don't see him on the hill...OH NO...is he around the rock up there...oh where oh where is Waldo..See, I read your blog...really. I want the first movie of Zane walking, make sure your on that, or tell him to wait till I get there in OCT..love you guys...oma at homa..xooxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY! He's there...but where was his father?

      Gee wasn't that awesome when we were all there for Kaz's 1st steps. Sorry, I don't know that Zane will wait for you (he's already using a walker - the kind you push). He just wants to keep up with the cool kid I'm sure.

      Delete