Check out this slide show of some of the fun things we did:
- Our CO besties visited.
- The P11 family summered together for some good family fun bonding.
- We splashed around with our hometown besties.
- We took our 1st family road trip!
Other July Highlights
July 1: After wearing "over the counter" shoe inserts for a year it was time to get serious and get Kaz some real support with customized orthotic inserts to help improve his balance and gait. Why? That ol' Hypotonia thang. While he's not too excited about having to wear high-tops all the time (they give the best support for his situation), Kaz TOTALLY got to geek out over seeing an x-ray of his feet. You would not believe how different he walks with the insert vs. without. I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner. It's hard to NOT hold on to hope that he will develop out of the need. Sometimes you just have to forgive yourself and move on.
July 3: Well, my darling husband managed to hold on to his wedding ring for 11.5 years. Luckily some crack detectives were on the job and FOUND it!FACEBOOK - July 18I'm not gonna lie. I was a bundle of nerves shoving my little baby bird outta the nest into the great blue VBS yonder. The crowds, the pace, the lights, the NOISE; how will he survive?! While it was the right thing to do (in case he didn't fare well), I'm kicking myself for identifying Kaz had some sensory stuff to the VBS staff. They assigned him a "handler." I was so angry. I was so sad for my big guy then I had to change my perspective. He was none the wiser - he had no idea this VERY nice lady was "assigned" to him. She maintained her distance. She was my eyes and ears. They meant well. In the end, he didn't "need" her and he had a GREAT time. So it was a win-win!
"They SURVIVED their first year of the infamous... VBS! 1,200 kids, hundreds of volunteers, singing, crafts, and games galore, I'm EXHAUSTED just from dropping and picking him up!"
Man this mom thing is incredible. You just don't know how much something is gonna affect you until it does.FACEBOOK: July 21
My first piece of crappy jewelry. I welled at the excitement and love in his eyes...turning plastic into sheer gold. Much too precious to wear ;)
FACEBOOK - July 13, 2014
"Such a glorious day! I don't want to jinx it by sharing! I'm so stinkin' excited I can hardly stand myself.
Don't you just HATE cryptic posts?"
It took us 3 attempts over the course of a year, countless treats, praise, and prizes, and all he really needed was a visit from his cousin to show him the ropes. Our boy finally pees on the pot. Pooping is another story for another month. Boy is it a doozey.
7/29: At 2 3/4 years old Zane learned to read the entire alphabet! I don't know who was more proud. Him, or us.
All in all it was a pretty stellar month. Wasn't it fun to look back at what we did LAST year (am I selling you on this)? It's hard to believe this was a YEAR ago. I blinked and here we are.




No comments:
Post a Comment